Many people have negative self-talk in relation to stress. Comments such as, “suck it up princess”, “just get on with it” and “everyone will think you can’t manage” are just a few. Common causes of stress include:
- Major life events – eg: births, deaths, marriage, divorce, moving house, changing jobs, trauma
- Personal relationships – eg: conflict, deception, bullying
- Work/study – eg: exams, deadlines, responsibilities
- Health issues – eg: pain, chronic illness
- Dietary and lifestyle issues – eg: lack of sleep, poor diet, smoking, excessive intake of alcohol
If you are feeling that stress is constantly a part of your life, book in to see one of our Naturopaths to assess your health and keep your stress response at a healthy level.