300g Certified Organic Goji Berries
2 tbs of Certified Organic Coconut Oil
150g Almond Meal, Linseed Meal or LSA (plus extra if required for thicker texture)
50g Desiccated Coconut, for mixture
50g Desiccated Coconut, for extra
4 tbs Certified Organic Raw Cacao Powder, for mixture
1 tbs Certified Organic Raw Cacao Powder, for extra
50g Chia Seeds
100g Whey Protein or Pea Protein Powder
50g Organic Agave syrup
A pinch of ground cinnamon for finishing, optional
Makes approximately 30 balls.
• Place the dried prunes, berries, coconut oil and agave in the food processor and mix until combined into a smooth paste. Transfer the mixture to a medium sized bowl.
• Add all the dry ingredients, chia seeds, cacao, desiccated coconut, whey powder and half of the almond meal into the bowl.
• Add more almond meal if a thicker consistency is required, mix well to combine.
• Roll the mixture into small balls and roll the balls in a blend of desiccated coconut or raw cacao and cinnamon to top off.
• Keep refrigerated in containers or wrap it up individually for quick snacks to take away.
• Complete meal – balanced ratio of carbohydrates, protein and good fats – omega 3, 6 and 9
• High in calories – energy snack for active people and sports person
• High in fibre and low GI carbohydrates (long lasting energy)
• Eases cravings and is a good substitute for sugar desserts and sweet treats.